Monday, September 13, 2010

Empower the People

Many moons ago my ancestors were blessed with the spirits of sacred animals. These sacred animals gave my ancestors the ability to transform into the animals that blessed them. the blessed ancestors used their powers to help their tribes in times of need like times of war or times of a depression. Then the europeans came and introduced their wares which made it so that their was no need for my ancestors gifts. This is why for my super power I would like to have the power of shape shifting to bring the lost power back into the family.  Because this power would allow me to take on the strength of the Bear, the smarts of  the Owl, the pride of the Eagle or the cunningness of the Fox. It will also allow me to learn more about my culture which would allow me to teach the youth of the reserve about the slowly dying native culture which in turn will empower them to bring order to our reserve and allow them to realize the problems we have in some of our people. Maybe they would be able to develop our land and hopefully make us one of the big rich reserves like Squamish, Osoyoos or Westbank. So really if I had the power of shape shifting its not just helping me its helping my people.

3 comments:

  1. Picture captures readers attention right away. The use of more, stronger diction would spice up this paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how the picture set up what the blog was going to be about and the opening sentance grabbed my attension. Could have used better diction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start, Wade. I like the heritage connection. Justify your text left - not centered. Needs some proofreading. Focus on diction and specific, creative description. Consider some similes and metaphors.

    ReplyDelete